These are some of my favorite resources that I use when I blog. Enjoy, and happy blogging!
Find CC images for students to use*:
- Public Domain Archive
- Foodie’s Feed (mostly images of food and products)
- Pattern Library
- Jay Mantri Photos
- Creative Common Image Search (search Google, Wikimedia, flickr, etc. for cc images)
- Compfight (search flickr for cc images)
- Buffer’s Extensive List of Photo Sites (some of these are listed above, but they have tons more)
* These are great resources, but I can’t guarantee the content for each is appropriate for the age level of your students. Please explore the sites prior to recommending them to your students.
Extending your blog: Interaction
- Embed.ly (easily embed content on your site)
- SurveyMonkey (create and embed online surveys)
- Easypoll (add a poll to your blog)
- Add a Guest Author to extend your audience (parents would enjoy doing this)
Other How-To Guides
- My Diigo collection of blog-related links
- Start Blogging Online’s How to Get Started
- First Site Guide: How to Start a Blog – this site also has some good information about the different purposes for blogging and how to monetize a blog.